MAJOR ISSUE: Kyra does not immediately sync to incoming MIDI clock

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Woche her #1 von MikeInProcess
I created a looping MIDI sequence in Ableton of four bars. I set up a DELAY effect in my Kyra patch that will sync to MIDI clock. I set the DELAY effect's internal timing (ms) so that it's very different from the sound I would expect from the MIDI clock sync'd delay, so I can tell them apart.I hit PLAY in Ableton. Using a MIDI monitor, I see that MIDI CLOCK is being sent immediately. However the DELAY effect is not in sync with incoming clock until some random length of time on the scale of MANY SECONDS, so the patch doesn't have correct timing of the delay repeats.When the DELAY effect finally syncs, during playback, it suddenly changes from internal timing to MIDI sync'd timing, and at that point the change in delay time glitches the sound.Please fix the Kyra so that it respects incoming MIDI clock immediately. This may be (and probably is) an issue across other functions, not just the sync'd DELAY effect.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Woche her #2 von JEBariffic
I'm having no luck syncing Kyra arpeggiator to external clock. When I get into arp menu and change Time Source to midi, no sound comes out of the Kyra. I've searched high and low for a solution, tried every setting combination between sequencer and Kyra to no avail. I've two other desktop synths connected to sequencer and both sync to midi with no setup no problems. No doubt the Kyra sounds incredible, but no midi sync = back to store. :-(

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Woche her #3 von JEBariffic
Seems the LFOs WILL sync with midi clock.

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Woche her #4 von MikeInProcess
I have a temporary workaround using a Linnstrument that has an option to constantly send MIDI clock. It works ok as long as it is set to the same tempo as my DAW.

Over this weekend I finally managed to figure out workarounds for most of my Kyra issues and tonight I made some actual music.

The Kyra sounds huge, that’s why I bought it. I’ll try the ARP sync tomorrow and see how it goes.

Meanwhile, this weekend I opened 3 tickets w/ Waldorf support, no acknowledgment to any of them.

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Woche her #5 von MikeInProcess
Instant LFO sync? Or sync 3 bars after hitting PLAY on the DAW?

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Woche her #6 von JEBariffic
So, LFOs are behaving the same as you described, and I was able to duplicate delay behavior you described.

First the delay. You can hear the delay timing switch from, I suppose, internal to midi clock 9 seconds in. I stop sequencer at 19 seconds, and you can hear Kyra returning to internal clock.

Next is LFO, just trying the first. LFO switches a bit quicker, about 4 seconds in. You can also hear it change timing at sequence stop at 18 seconds.

I'm running firmware 1.72 on my Kyra which is behind. Plan on updating this weekend in hopes that'll fix. You running current 1.78?