System Exclusive Information for Kyra

Mehr
7 Monate 2 Wochen her #1 von adudek
I am a happy Kyra owner who also happens to be a MIDI software developer. I am working on some utilities (which will be free!) for Kyra users. I've run into a very few roadblocks, and would like to know if anyone can help me with the following questions.

1. What is the Sysex message and format for saving a multi to the unit from software. I can manipulate all multi parameters, And can load, save, and upload individual patches. However, I do not know how to "Save" the current multi to the Kyra. Even when I make changes to to Multi via sysex, and go through the Store functionality on the hardware, the changes seem to be lost when I navigate to a new multi and return to the stored one. Edisyn does not handle multis, and Sigabort does not appear to support the "upload" of multis, as the upload button is grayed out.  

2. Does the sysex handshake, which I can send receive and spoof, actually "do" anything, beside supplying the developer a way to verify the connection?

3. Is Kyra always in "Multi Mode"? That is, is the current multi and its parameters always "active"?

If anyone can spare a half hour for an online lesson, I will gladly pay a fair fee.

Thanks in advance. Please reply to this post, and or contact me directly at: 
Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein!

Thanks in advance
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: v00d00ppl

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #2 von MikeInProcess
Contact the developer of Edisyn. He has worked with the original developer, his editor is open source, so you can probably get what you need from there. Waldorf is too hush hush about SYSEX. Never mind that this kind of information has been readily published by big synth manufacturers for decades. I won't buy a Novation synth because they 100% refuse to give SYSEX. Yet Behringer's SYSEX documentation is magnificent and I've done amazing things with it and other synths as far as genetic algorithm patch creation.

I don't know about the sysex handshake.

Yes multi mode is always active.

Mehr
5 Monate 6 Tage her #3 von feijai
Waldorf don't have published specs for multimode on the Kyra yet. In lieu of this I threw together some sysex docs regarding multimode. See line 841 of github.com/eclab/edisyn/blob/master/edis...aldorfKyraMulti.java
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: v00d00ppl