Where is the SYSEX documentation?

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Tag her #13 von MikeInProcess
I not only reported it to Waldorf, I tracked down Manuel via LinkedIn and asked him about it directly. He says he would have implemented non-mod-matrix CC parameters differently in retrospect, but that MPE is such a niche that it is probably not high enough on anyone's priority list to get it fixed. Even Roli has declared bankruptcy. He complained as an example that he worked a lot on micro-tuning and doesn't think anyone even uses it.

So the Kyra has a LOT of potential to be a great MPE synth, gets SO very close, but an edge case bug wrecks it. And that's not such a great travesty except that it'll probably remain a bug. It would have been very convenient to have CC74 mapped globally without using one of the 6 precious mod slots, and I guess he thought so too since he (almost) designed it that way. But as it stands, CC74 *EDITS* the original patch rather than editing the PERFORMANCE copy of the patch like CC1 etc does. So if a patch is duplicated across multis, ALL parts are affected regardless of MIDI channel. Oops.

I wish more firmwares were open source so *I* can decide MY own priority and fix accordingly. 

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Tag her #14 von feijai
Each corner in Morph has a button which pops up a menu to change the patch. Recent versions of Edisyn have the option to load directly from the synth and load from file in addition to grabbing from the current patch. I think it's pretty well described in the manual.

As to the one-off error. If you set the source or destination manually on the synth, what is the *first* thing you can set to? Is it Pitch Bend on Source, or Osc 1 Tune on Destination? Or is it something else, like "Off"?

Additionally, if you do a Send to Current Patch, does the unit properly reflect the options in Edisyn?

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Tag her #15 von MikeInProcess
If in Edisyn you set the mod matrix source to the first value in the drop down, Pitch Bend, it blanks out the source for that slot. So there is the issue. You just need an additional entry in your drop downs: "None". I imagine destinations have the same issue since they can be blanked.

Sending the patch doesn't change it to match the Kyra what is displayed in the drop-down. It stays the same on the Kyra.

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Tag her #16 von MikeInProcess
Ok yes I tried it again, and yes you have buttons to set the patch, my bad. The issue is that it is constantly auditioning the patch. I try to switch the synth to a different patch to "Load current patch" but the auditioning keeps setting it back to the morphed patch every second before I can load another. I know I can shut off the auditioning but meanwhile I'm just trying to do morphing and figure out how to load another patch but now also remembering how to stop this constant auditioning tone going on that sounds like alarms going off and it feels like cops are about to show up outside lol ...

Maybe auditioning shouldn't be on by default. I use a keyboard or other device to audition. An unexpected flood of notes is pretty jarring, and morphing turns that on. 

Ok just now brought up morphing, notes came on, turned them off, set Kyra to some other patch, clicked the 2nd button to "Load current patch", and it pulls in the first patch. Switched patches on the Kyra, the 3rd button "Load current patch" also loads in the first patch. Not sure what is up with that.

Oh BTW, Edisyn lets you select which SINGLE channel you want notes sent on when you audition a patch. It probably needs an ALL option, useful for when I'm testing MPE stuff. I spent hours one night, when I was verifying the CC74 bug, trying to figure out why my Linnstrument wasn't sending all the MIDI channels to the synth. I am guessing all but the selected one were being remapped to channel 1. I now use my recompiled copy of MIDI Patchbay to set up the controller to Kyra link.

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Tag her - 5 Monate 1 Tag her #17 von MikeInProcess
I was just thinking, if you make a Venn diagram of people who own Kyras, people who are using your editor, people who care about evolutionary algorithms, and who also care about MPE, in the middle is me.

And you're not even in the middle with me because you don't own a Kyra. 

Maybe Manuel is right and it's all just a niche of a niche of a niche.

I love that you did this though. All the knob twists in the world don't compare to having the ability to evolve patches, and almost nobody realizes this. And expressing individual notes with MPE is just amazing, also incomparable. 
Letzte Änderung: 5 Monate 1 Tag her von MikeInProcess.

Mehr
5 Monate 1 Tag her #18 von feijai
Regarding the fencepost error: can you manually set the source/destination to "blank"? Or is this just something that shows up when set accidentally via Edisyn? What I'm trying to determine is if there is a true "None" = 0 source/destination option, or if they start at 1 and I'm sending bad data by sending a 0 from Edisyn.

Morph and Hill-climb both automatically start, and respond to, "Test Send Notes". To stop auditioning the patch, just stop sending test notes. It's in the MIDI menu. I could make an option in the Morpher where you could turn that off by default I guess -- it makes less sense in the Hill-Climber.

Not sure why it'd be not loading the current patch properly: that seems unlikely.