Feature Requests ...

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Woche her #25 von greenaway
1. already mentioned but id like to second it. quick access to filter category. the up/down cursor buttons next to the ecsreen dont do anything in the home page so it seems these are perfect for the job

2. sync lfo's to internal clock

3. lfo2>freq control in the filter section is uni polar

4. eg2>freq & lfo2>freq in the filter section should have an extended range and open the filter fully, they dont currently open up enough

5. option to turn of retrigger notes when playing in monophonic legato so that the envelops/lfo's dont retrigger with every note

6. serial filter routing

7. a comb filter (blofeld & iridium already have one so it would be really nice)

8. a software librarian

9. pre/post filter drive for extra distortion

10. seperate delay/fade controls for the lof's. currently its called a delay but its more of a fade. a delay should off start the lfo so it doesnt kick in straight away but the delay control just does a fade in

11. more distortion types like wave folder, amp sim, etc

12. mod matrix amount as mod destination

13. oscillator as mod source so we can crazy fm stuff like modulate the distortion amount with osc2 output etc. sequential pro 3 is great for this, you can literally modulate anything with an oscillator

14. this one also already mentione, mod matrix assign via the touch of source/destination

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Woche her #26 von pandar1
pandar1 antwortete auf Feature Requests ...
After some use, I would add the possibility to detach osc from the note received, to build percussive sounds, and add percussion samples to the wave list, if possible

Mehr
1 Jahr 6 Tage her #27 von greenaway
the kyra has sooooo much potential, but there is just way too many features missing to feel like a finished synth. after playing with it some i keep hitting limitations, here are some more suggestions, mostly fx related

1. sync delay times to internal clock, not just midi cock or fee running
2. add high pass/low pass filter to colour the delay feedback
3. add ducking feature for delay
4. sync phaser to internal & midi clock. the range of speed is too limited
5. sync chorus rate to interal & midi clock
6. more reverb modes plate/spring/hall/infinity/gated
7. low cut for reverb
8. ducking feature for reverb
9.option to change order of fx

Mehr
11 Monate 4 Wochen her #28 von timhuijbers
Should we even continue to mention feature requests? Is someone from Waldorf monitoring this and able to let us know if any development of new features in a firmware update are being done or planned?

It has been a long long time ago since the last update, so it looks like Waldorf stopped development for the Waldorf Kyra. If so, please just let us (your customers ;)) know, so we don't need to keep bother you and hoping for more features to come. Also we can then decide whether we are going to sell it due to missing some critical features.

For me I only miss the relative knobs (or pick up or whatever settings) to avoid jumps in for example resonance when switching to another sounds, which is dramatic for live performance. But looking at other feedback, a lot of people do request way more features.

For now feels like abandonment of the Kyra by Waldorf, guess the Iridium should have been the better choice with regards to support. 

Mehr
11 Monate 4 Wochen her - 11 Monate 4 Wochen her #29 von pandar1
pandar1 antwortete auf Feature Requests ...
Hi tim. Some days ago I opened a ticket to waldorf, and when it was solved I took the chance to post to the tech who has followed my case my personal list which is quite big and here's his answer:

Hello Fabio,
wow, what a big list.
It shows that you are very involved with the device.
I will gladly forward this to the developer. Some points are already on our list.

So it seems they have a list of "desiderata" and are working on it.

P.S. this was the list I posted to him:
1) shortcut to OG's wave selection via long press of wave key
2) change of waveform via rotary control, eg. filter knob or some other less used knob
3) a generic rotary control for use with the menu, eg. filter cutoff control usable as a way to quickly cycle through menu items by activating it via a shortcut (eg. long press of some key or shift lock).
4) loopable EG's with delay
5) EG's shape shown on the screen dinamically
6) mod matrix assign via the touch of source/destination, and in general the mod matrix programming is cumbersome, should work that if you long press for example LFO1 it opens the mod matrix with LFO1 as source in a new slot, then you rotate another controller and it becomes the destination. Scrolling should remain for sources/destinations not on the front panel
7) arp latch mode quick access via long press on arp mode key
8 ) patch change always enabled even if in the menu, remove the need to always press exit
9) quick selection of category, too much work to go into system menu's just to choose it
10) when a new mod matrix entry is set up, the modulation depth should be 100, not zero
11) Jump/Catch up/interpolate option in system for the encoders behaviour (essential for live performances!!!)
12) filters in series mode
13) copy functions between oscillator groups and filters
14) detach the osc frequency from the note played
Letzte Änderung: 11 Monate 4 Wochen her von pandar1.

Mehr
11 Monate 4 Wochen her - 11 Monate 4 Wochen her #30 von timhuijbers
Thanks for the super fast reply :), Waldorf can learn from you, not only in providing good input for their products :P.

But that sounds great, hopefully it is also a correct answers and indeed someone has still gotten the time to work on a new firmware

edit: i see the list now, great input for sure! Especially love number 11 :P.
Letzte Änderung: 11 Monate 4 Wochen her von timhuijbers.