Iridium with MIDI Keyboard

Mehr
3 Monate 4 Wochen her #1 von estiari
Iridium with MIDI Keyboard wurde erstellt von estiari
Hi all,

Apologies for this kind of newbie problem but I've not had much experience using MIDI and am having trouble getting some keyboards to work with my Iridium. I've got an Arturia Keystep and Roli Seaboard Block that I've tried to use with the Iridium but the Iridium doesn't seem to be responding to anything.

For the Keystep, I've tried connecting to both the USB and DIN inputs and made sure the states were 'On' in the MIDI tab. I then assigned the various parameters in the modulation tab (e.g. keytrack to Oscillator Pitch) but it doesn't seem to be responding. I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the cables I'm using since the keyboard works fine with other synths. I'm just wondering if I'm missing a step in getting the keyboard to work or if someone that has used the Iridium with a Keystep can help me out? 

Cheers! 

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
3 Monate 4 Wochen her #2 von thark
The first thing that comes to mind is the obvious … is the DIN midi out on the keyboard connected to the DIN midi in on the Iridium? I have been fooled several times by this one and now always double check when hooking up. 

Keith

Mehr
3 Monate 4 Wochen her #3 von estiari
Hi Keith,

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, I have made sure the keyboard DIN midi out is connected to the Iridium's DIN Midi in.

Would you be able to share your settings in the Iridium (i.e. in the Mod matrix and MIDI settings menu in 'Global')? This might help me solve the issue.

Cheers!

Mehr
3 Monate 3 Wochen her #4 von thark
I had a quick look at my midi settings. I have all the DIN settings at "off" since I'm currently only using usb on the Iridium. The usb setting is, of course, "On" as is the Usb Computer Setting. I have all of the in and out channels set to 6. All of my synths are hooked in to my iMac where I can patch midi from anywhere to anywhere else.  I gave it a quick try with my Prophet 6 as the keyboard and it worked fine.

I don't know what the Mod matrix is ... yet. Only had my Iridium a short while now and don't yet know how to find the settings for it.

Keith

Mehr
3 Monate 3 Wochen her - 3 Monate 3 Wochen her #5 von estiari
Thanks.

I still have no luck when routing the arturia keystep and roli seaboard block through my computer and then to the Iridium via the USB Computer in. I suspect the MIDI settings in my DAW aren't correct so I'll look into that more.

But I did have luck today directly connecting the keyboards to the DIN in and USB Controller in. The Seaboard block was in MPE mode so only one key worked while connected to the Iridium, after setting in to single channel mode it seems to work fine now.
Letzte Änderung: 3 Monate 3 Wochen her von estiari.