How to install new samples

Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her #1 von thark
How to install new samples wurde erstellt von thark
Hi folks. I'd like to try adding some new samples to my (very new) Iridium. The manual talks about this to a small extent but doesn't really explain what to do when one has a separate sample for each note, for the sake of argument let's say from c0 to c5. I have SampleRobot and can easily prepare a set of samples like this but what to do with them to import them into the Iridium is less than clear ... to me at least. Would I export the sample set from SampleRobot into a folder as wavs and import the folder into the Iridium?

Cheers,

Keith

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her #2 von daniel_sneed
Not of real help, I guess, but this exactly what the Spectre app does with Waldorf Blofeld synth.
Yes, it's a little tedious and picky, but totally effective once you get the point.

Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her #3 von Luftrum
To import samples you activate Particles, click Actions → Import. You are now in the Import Samples menu. Mark the folder you want to import and click 'Import'. Samples can easily reside in a subfolder too, so you can create a main sample folder and have several subfolders inside.

When samples are imported, you go to Particles → Actions → Add and from there, you add each sample from the folder or subfolder. When all samples are added you click Actions → Auto-Map and it will map all samples across the keyboard range, this would require samples to have note value written into the title, which Samplerobot does at export.

You can also set keyrange manually per sample from the right side menu, mark a sample, then use the 'From Note' and 'To Note'.

Hope that helps...

Regards,
Soren (aka Luftrum)
www.luftrum.com

Mehr
4 Monate 2 Wochen her - 4 Monate 2 Wochen her #4 von thark
Thanks very much, Soren. I will give this a go when I next have a bit of time on my hands. Very helpful. ;)

Keith

Edit: Tried importing a series of samples using SampleRobot using your instructions. It worked well, although it was a bit tedious adding samples one-by-one. Thanks again.
Letzte Änderung: 4 Monate 2 Wochen her von thark. Grund: Adding information

Mehr
4 Monate 4 Tage her #5 von ggkarman
This is how I do it:
1. On your USB-stick or micro-SD card put all samples you want to import inside a folder
2. Go to Particles / Actions / Add and navigate to that folder
3. The most important: just select the folder (i.e. don't select any sample) and all the samples inside the folder get copied at once and neatly inside of the /samples folder. Otherwise you will end up with a mess.

BTW, in the manual I couldn't find the naming conventions required for auto-mapping to work. Do I need to give the samples certain names? Or can I use metadata to specify at least the pitch? And, is it possible to create the .map files using an external editor? That would make the whole workflow much easier. Comments much appreciated.

Thx + cheers

Mehr
4 Monate 4 Tage her #6 von thark
Thanks, gg. I did the first three steps that you mentioned and they worked very well. 

As for the nomenclature of the wav files, I use SampleRobot to do multisamples and when exporting wav files it puts the note name into the file somewhere. For example: “Iso Choir c#.wav”. The Iridium seems to be able to pick up on the name of the note in the file name and associate it with the proper key.

After loading the sound file folder, I added each file separately by touching Actions/Add and selecting the file. Very tedious but it works. After this you should be able to play the wav files.

Keith