Is this forum still worth it? Where do Iridium users gather mostly?

Mehr
3 Monate 6 Tage her #7 von CFM
This forum has never been super busy…
The Facebook group is a lot more active.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Monat 3 Wochen her #8 von AvalonRon
Not worth it! Waldorf does not respond to any requests or monitor this Forum from what I can see. Their response to feature requests is always "we're working on it". A year later and I'm still waiting for a latching feature to be added to the arp on the Iridium. Seems a no brainer and several others have requested same. Once they have your money they are only interested in selling you the next product. Support and routine OS updates & fixes are nonexistent. Very dissapointing.

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Woche her #9 von thark
My feeling is, as I mentioned earlier, that this forum is worth it, if only for information about problems with the Iridium and helpful tips. There is definitely more activity on the facebook forum but the advantage of this forum is that you can search for information about the Iridium whereas on facebook that's pretty tough, especially for older posts. My experience with most forums is that the manufacturer of the hardware usually doesn't pop up and say anything for long periods of time, even when requested to do so, but that they do monitor them. I'd be very much surprised if Waldorf doesn't have someone on staff monitoring this forum on at least a weekly basis.

As far as the latch function goes, my Iridium has a latch button on it. Admittedly, this only works with the pads and not with external keyboards which is limiting but it is there. As far as doing it with an external keyboard, it would have to issue midi notes for the duration of the arp played on the keyboard which, when fed into the Iridium, would play the Iridium. Latching or holding on the external keyboard would then do the trick. Neither of my Sequential synths do this but my Arturia Matrixbrute does. I can set it up to play an arp and latch it and feed the midi output to my Iridium and bingo ... arp'd Iridium.

Keith