Missing Iridium Patches

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Monat her #1 von elong21
Missing Iridium Patches wurde erstellt von elong21
I just unboxed my Waldorf Iridium and am having trouble finding the factory preset patches. The tech specs for the synthesizer list that it has over 1,000 factory presets. When I turn on the device and press the Load button, I can only scroll from patch [1] Distant Galaxies Wheel 3 through patch [57] Syncophantilism. Is it possible that this synth is defective or that the Factory Presets got replaced before it was shipped? Anyone else having this issue? I cannot find a list of the factory patch names on Waldorf's website or the internet. Does anyone have a complete list of the Iridium factory preset patches?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Monat her #2 von PatrickThijssen
Is it a B-stock? Could it be the previous user wiped all patches?

You can load the factory patches with the "Iridium init" file that can be found in the MyHardware section under MyWaldorf after you've registered your Iridium.

I've extracted all patch names from the init file; here's the link to the thread with the list and Excel macro used to create the list.

waldorfmusic.com/en/forum/iridium-de/1730-list-of-patches#4516
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: elong21, sc0ttm00n

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Monat her #3 von elong21
Patrick,

Thanks. I re-initialized my Iridium using the SD and USB method and I now have all 2,250 factory patches!

Ernie

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Monat her - 1 Jahr 1 Monat her #4 von morphic
Thanks both for raising and solving this query!

I got my Iridium this week (2 months after ordering it from Guitar Center) and was able to try it today.

I could only see 147 presets... big WTF moment. I mean, 147 presets in a beast like this?? I will have to do the factory reset but maybe Waldorf could let their users know about something like this. Because that certainly put a damper on my enthusiasm regarding this machine on day 1, which is rather unfortunate.

Having to do a factory reset on a brand new product that expensive is hardly acceptable and really annoying.
Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 1 Monat her von morphic.

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Monat her #5 von elong21
Another thing that you will notice is that there are duplicate patches in the 2,250 factory presets and one patch does not work (The Dark Horses - patch #0046).  ×   

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Monat her #6 von PatrickThijssen
You’ll notice the patches are grouped by author and each group starts at a round number.

The first group of patches seem to contain “best of” the various authors.

The issue with “Dark Horses” could be the faulty link to the sample. I noticed that some of the samples linked to the patches don’t exist. This is with a couple of BT patches. They do work on my Iridium however so looks like the init file is not 100%.
When you load the patch and go to the (particle) Oscilator page it should show that samples are missing.