KB37 - Suggest using CTRL-Y as gate output for voice 2

Mehr
4 Jahre 5 Tage her #1 von mengqimusic
as title says.

and now a duo-phonic pair will go to the same pitch after key lifted, I guess it would be better if the output 2 stays where it was.

thanks

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
3 Jahre 9 Monate her #2 von Razmo
The KB37 is advertised as being Duophonic... which it is not, it's rather a Paraphonic mode to be honest... I'd like to request the same, that CTRL-Y can be a second gate, and when you're at it, make CTRL-Z the second velocity... this way the KB37 would be a true duophonic synth... I'd REALLY like to see this feature since I've got two TONESTAR 2600 modules in mine, that I'd really like to be able to play as a two-voice poly...

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #3 von AelitaFromMars
I'm currently having a 5 voice pseudo polyphony in mine thanks to the magic of mutable instruments' rings (creates up to 4 strummed voices and can even do so without gate information (it can detect sudden pitch changes as new notes if no gate is connected) - BUT - here's the catch. Because the 2nd pitch CV normals to that of the 1st when the key is released, you get false triggers this way. Without a good comparator and an AND gate (or potentially a hold pedal, but the manual leaves some questions to whether hold is hard-wiredto the arpeggio (would be unfortunate) or not), you need to be a bit creative about how you play keys and use the note priority switch, which sort of gets in the way to "just being able to play", so to speak.

A gate on Y would really solve all this. Here's to hoping for a firmware update.

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #4 von jschussler
I think I may have a slightly different scenario, not sure: I have two VCOs in the rack, and would like both to use the same pitch and gate values from the KB37. The gate I can just mult, but the pitch would need a buffered mult which I don't have room for.

Is there a way to get any of the secondary outputs to mirror the primary pitch output, effectively turning them into a buffered mult?

Mehr
2 Jahre 1 Monat her #5 von AelitaFromMars
Yeah that's a different feature. I don't think there's any pitch mirroring, iirc. Though, i hope this can be reassuring to your situation:

I can drive inputs without problems (at least for how i'm playing it) from the same kb37 pitch output, completely unbuffered, with my current setup, without any apparent problems.

While buffered mults are generally recommendable for pitch coupling multiple oscillators *just in case*, you're typically fine to couple 2-3 oscillator modules without buffering and still have a good range of well-tuned pitch in the octaves that are most useful, melodically speaking. If unlucky, you might begin to experience a bit of a flatness when you go into the more shrill octaves, but that's usually not a problem since they're rarely used. Exactly when would depend on what oscillators; some might be more sensitive to share the same unbuffered control signal than others.

The one situation where i think this potential flatness could matter a bit is in FM synthesis between disparate oscillator modules where you'd get a bit of a variance in the ratios between operators which would change the timbre by some degree as you move upwards the keys.