Waldorf Q Rack stuck in Factory Test mode

Mehr
1 Monat 2 Wochen her #1 von manus1ck
Hello everyone! I got given to me a Waldorf Q Rack which has a problem but i really want to use it. The previous owner tried to update it to 3.02 and said that it somehow failed during this procedure so he gave up. When i plug it in power the screen says "NoPicreturn" which i suppose means that it doesn't receive info from some chip, then it says "NoKeyboard" which is obvious because it's a rack unit. When it loads the screen says "FactoryTest BOOT: 0.98   OS: 3.02" and no other lights turn on or do anything, the knobs do not respond either. I suppose the boot file wasn't loaded as when i downloaded the firmware 3.02 there was a boot file 1.02. I tried booting it in OS Update mode (Multimode+Peek) but it still booted in Factory Test. I tried resitting the 20 pin ribbon cable inside several times but it didn't change anything. The insides look absolutely brand new and no parts seem to be faulty by quick inspection. Also there is a little red button near the ribbon connector but i didn't try pushing it as i am afraid it can be self destruct :)) still very curious what it is as it might be some kind of reset button. Any suggestions what i can do before i take it to a synth technician? I have soldering experience and replacing components but do not know where to start... Thanks in advance everyone and have a great evening :)

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Monat 2 Wochen her - 1 Monat 2 Wochen her #2 von Qwave
As I don't think a user will be able to answer your question, better ask the Waldorf Support via their Helpdesk contact form:
waldorfmusic.weclapp.com/webapp/view/hel...l/legacy/create.page

The forum is not meant to get answer for all questions posted here from the support team. It is more a user to user forum.
Letzte Änderung: 1 Monat 2 Wochen her von Qwave.

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Woche her #3 von manus1ck
Thanks i'll try it out! Just thought maybe a user encountered the same problem and found a fix