ATTENTION my VCF1 is defective

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her - 2 Jahre 4 Monate her #1 von DOKTOR TOX
hi everyone, I have been buying WALDORF products for years and I was disappointed with the eurorack modules !!! I took a VCF1 and I noticed that in addition to having a printing error on the PCB on the insertion of the POWER CABLE -12V (red line) the distortion does not work! the signal comes out of OUT 1 as it enters from IN 1 without being distorted by the dedicated pot! I sent the form under warranty and was replaced by the MIDIWARE SRL ITALY who sent me another form with the same defect! obviously the MIDIWARE have tested various VCF1s but they all had the same defect: the Pre-filter distortion with level control and the
Distortion section can be used separately, DO NOT WORK !!! I pray who has the VCF1 to do some tests and to verify what I have written, attached is the photo of the printing error on the PCB, for the rest of the VCF1 function is operational, thanks for your attention!
Anhänge:
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 4 Monate her von Lukas.S.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her - 2 Jahre 5 Monate her #2 von AelitaFromMars
Not sure what the printing error would be? It seems perfectly normal. +12v on top, the broad line being ground, -12v ought to be the one to the far left of the ground line on your photo.
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 5 Monate her von AelitaFromMars.

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #3 von DOKTOR TOX
you did not understand that the problem is different !!! it is well written the problem what it is !!! read well ! thank you

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her - 2 Jahre 5 Monate her #4 von AelitaFromMars
I don't have the unit so i can't help you with validation of the issue. You'd have better luck going to muffwiggler and ask in the eurorack subforums. The waldorf forums are not visited very often by other users.

But just to rule some things out first:
-are you using input 1 to distort the sound? This is the only input channel routed through the distortion circuit and thus the only one you would hear on the distortion out.
-which knob are you turning? the input level knob only affects the drive level of the filter, not the distortion block. only the knob marked as distortion should affect distortion out. the level should be constant regardless how you turn the input 1 knob.

BTW, the manual seems to confirm the +12v marking is indeed mislabeled.
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 5 Monate her von AelitaFromMars.

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #5 von DOKTOR TOX
turn the DISTORTION knob but nothing happens!

Mehr
2 Jahre 4 Monate her #6 von Lukas.S
Hello DOKTOR TOX,

I have tested the distortion of your vcf1 when we had it here for repair. It was definetly working. Be aware that the distortion of the vcf1 might not be as harsh as you might expect, but it is definetly there.
We tested your module in two different test environments here, but we cannot replicate the setup you have.
Please recheck the manual to see how the distortion is acessed correctly. vcf1 Manual
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: megamarkd