Blofleld hava a problem to sync with external clock

Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Monate her #13 von Karsten
Okay, thanks very much for the descripotion of your setup.
Please connect the Blofeld directly to your computer (with USB cable... not DIN MIDI) and try it again and report what happened.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Monate her #14 von mkastrup

Okay, thanks very much for the descripotion of your setup.
Please connect the Blofeld directly to your computer (with USB cable... not DIN MIDI) and try it again and report what happened.

Using Propellerhead Reason 10 (DAW) and Blofeld USB MIDI:

Blofeld dont react to tempo changes and is not syncing.

Starting sequencer (nothing happens) stopping sequencer (Blofeld stops playing arpeggio)

Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Monate her #15 von AdamK
I use FLstudio12 with focusrite2i4. I connect blofeld with midi 5pin cable to interface. Set sync port etc. And there are or no sync events. Blofeld is set to auto sync receive etc. One time it worked perfect. Changing time changed blofeld time (but not in change on screen values, when changing filter cut/res/arp mode with external commands/knobs works perfect). Start/stop started and broke arp actions. But i dont know why now only time bmp is send to blofeld. Notes from pianoroll starts arp but after stop blofeld still plays arp. Stop button does not stop blofeld. I dont want usb because i have ground loop ? issues and noisy sounds with it connected.

Mehr
4 Jahre 4 Monate her - 4 Jahre 4 Monate her #16 von Karsten
You can try a simple test:
Download and instal MIDIOX
Connect Blofeld with USB
Set Blofeld to Program A003 Handy
Start MIDIOX, select Blofeld as I/O unit (Blue MIDI DIN icon)
Activate MIDI Sync generaor (yellow 1:1:00 icon)
Now press the keyboard icon and press a key on your keyboard.
The Blofeld will start and has to follow the BPM from MIDIOS sync generator. You can change the tempo and the arpeggio will get slower or faster.
You can also test OSC sync and Clock Delay... both will work.
So whyever you got not the same or no result, something from your Sequencer/DAW is faulty or Blofeld is not in external "Auto" Sync mode... or any other Blofeld settings are wrong.
Letzte Änderung: 4 Jahre 4 Monate her von Karsten.

Mehr
4 Jahre 2 Monate her #17 von woodswalker
I bought a used Blofeld module last month. Finally got the Arturia Keystep controller so I could play it. Now I'm experimenting with external clock. Since I need the MIDI in port from the Keystep to play the Bloefeld, and the keystep is only a controller and cannot generate a clock signal, I hooked the keystep up to a Novation Ultranova, made the proper settings on UN and keystep, and sent the clock signal from UN to Keystep. In this case Keystep is acting as a Thru.
Nope, the Blofeld did not pick up any MIDI sync.
Any suggestions how I can play AND sync this device??

Mehr
4 Jahre 2 Monate her - 4 Jahre 2 Monate her #18 von woodswalker
QUOTE: "I have sold all my Waldorf gear. I am not willing to be a beta-tester of devices that I have paid for."

Regrettably, I'm probably the person who bought your used gear. :dry:
Letzte Änderung: 4 Jahre 2 Monate her von woodswalker.