blofeld sound muted after a few minutes of use

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her - 5 Monate 2 Wochen her #1 von abducted
hi, I have a problem with a desktop blofeld. After a few minutes of use, the sound suddenly disappears. Everything seems to work fine, except that there is no sound anymore ! I have to restart the blofeld to get sound again, and then after a few minutes it goes away again. This is very annoying, can you help me please ? (I have the latest firmware installed : 1.25)
Letzte Änderung: 5 Monate 2 Wochen her von abducted.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #2 von Peter Ostry

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #3 von abducted
Actually, I'm not using the original power supply (because I seem to have lost it), but the one I'm using is 12v so I don't see how it could be bad ? I wish it would be as simple as this.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #4 von Peter Ostry
Power supply should be DC 12 V and 300 mA. Would be good if you had another one, just to rule this part out. This is just one of many possible guesses.

MIDI – could there be a MIDI message that turns the volume down?
MIDI – maybe the Blofeld is ok but your MIDI notes are interrupted.
Thermal problem – does it play longer when it is cold?
Faulty capacitor – do you hear noise when the audio goes down, some hiss or buzz?

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #5 von abducted
It definately can't be a midi problem, because I'm only sending note on and note off messages, and the blinking led on the top left corner of the blofeld indicates that they are received.
I don't think it could be a thermal problem, as the blofeld isn't even warm when the sound goes off.
It happens suddenly, there is no noise, hiss or buzz.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #6 von Peter Ostry
Well, then only the "hope" for a broken power supply remains. Maybe you can change it temporarily. Otherwise I'm at the end of my wisdom. The processor could switch off the audio output or the audio circuit shuts down itself. Such things are beyond my knowledge and experience.