Map Individual Samples to Keys

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Woche her #1 von UpTop
Hello everyone. I recently purchased the Blokeys (white one), and after looking through this forum and doing some online research, I'm still not quite sure if this is possible. I have a collection of 10 audio samples I want to use. I have an external sequencer (Squarp Pyramid) that I can use to trigger the samples, but first the samples need to be laid out across the keys. So, Sample 1 goes on key C -2, Sample 2 on key C# -2, Sample 3 on key D -2, and so on. I've played around with the Spectre software and I can get all of the samples to load, but I have to load each sample as its own program (oscillator). So, Sample 1 is A1, Sample 2 is A2, Sample 3 is A3, and so on. I can use Spectre to map each sample to a key, which I've done, but it never seems to work. When I load the samples into the Blokeys I only get the first sample for that bank (A1) and none of the other samples are there. At this point I'm not sure if:

1. I'm doing something wrong
2. My samples have something wrong with them
3. The Blokeys has an issue
4. Spectre has an issue

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Woche her - 1 Monat 1 Woche her #2 von Qwave
Did you create one sound on the left column of SPECTRE and the needed samples all on the right column? Select samples by sample in the right column and adjust their needed keyboard range on the lower right of SPECTRE.
SPECTRE and the Blofeld works here.
Letzte Änderung: 1 Monat 1 Woche her von Qwave.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: UpTop

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Woche her #3 von UpTop
Thank you for the reply. That's how I assumed it should work, and I did set up a single sound on the left column (A1) and loaded all of the samples into the column on the right. Since I want one sample per key, I went through and (frustratingly) assigned each sample to one key each. Unfortunately I had to send the Blofeld back because it took a beating on its way from KC to AZ via UPS. The OS seemed to work ok and the firmware update went fine, but there were some physical things wrong with it that I couldn't let go. I decided on a black one instead, and there aren't any in the US so I have to wait until October to try again. Thanks again for the answer. I'll try again once the new one arrives. This is going to be bitchin' once it works like I had hoped!

Mehr
4 Tage 11 Stunden her #4 von UpTop
I spent some time with Spectre and my new Blokeys once it finally arrived, and I shared this information on another post. I wanted to post this here too since the subject line of this post will likely get newcomers to look here should they want to load their own samples into Blofeld.

1. You can load multiple samples, but depending on what you want to do with them, there are a few options in how you go about doing this:
a. You want to load multiple samples so that each sample is on its own key, therefore:
i. Using Spectre (it's a turd btw), you can hit the "New" button and that creates "Bank A1". Within A1 you have to use the controls in Spectre to map each
individual sample to each key. You load each individual sample by hitting the "Load" button on the RIGHT side of the columns, after which you assign
this sample to a key using the Spectre controls. On a computer keyboard, the CTRL and ALT buttons assist in assigning the "root key" and "highest
key" for each sample respectively, just hold one or the other and press the desired key on the keyboard (if you have the keys version..if you don't then I
don't know....) If this is the way you want to load up samples, keep in mind that sending your samples to Blofeld when they are configured in Spectre in
this way will overwrite any existing samples you might already have on the Blofeld. There is an exception to this "law" though, and it actually plays into
the next part of this explanation.
b. You want to load multiple samples so that each sample is its own "bank", but you don't want to lose any samples currently loaded into Blofeld:
i. Using the Turd (Spectre), you HAVE to pre-load your banks into Spectre FIRST. If you don't know how to get your already-loaded samples FROM the
Blofeld INTO the Turd, then you've already messed up and you should start over. A few notes on starting over:
ia. Create a new bank by hitting "New" and load your sample using the "Load" button on the RIGHT side of the columns. Adjust the controls how you
want so the sample plays like you need. Do this with EACH sample for that BANK.
ib. Create ANOTHER bank using the "New" button, so that now you have bank "A2". Repeat the step above to load your samples for this bank. Once
you have finished creating ALL banks with ALL of your samples NOW SAVE YOUR BANKS as whatever file format that the Turd spits out. I think
it's .xml or something.
c. You want to append your samples already loaded on the Blofeld with a NEW bank of samples, or just some new banks each with one sample (I don't know
what you're into)
i. Using the Turd, open your previously saved .xml (or whatever) file by hitting the "Load" button.
ii. Now hit the "New" button - PRESTO you have a new bank that you can load samples into. It should be named Ax (x being the next numerical value).
ii. Finish working out your samples like you want them on that new bank or new banks.
iii. WITH ALL OF YOUR NEWLY CREATED BANKS HIGHLIGHTED hit the "Transmit" button - PRESTO you now have appended the samples already
loaded on the Blofeld with the new sample banks. Your existing samples are intact (hopefully, Spectre is a turd as I mentioned after all) and your new
banks are simply added onto the end.

I say Spectre is a turd because it has several flaws. In addition to a window inside the program that (I guess?) is supposed to provide information on the samples but doesn't because the window won't resize to show all of the text, there is also the fact that I have to first load up my samples the way I want them, transmit those samples, then move the first sample to the end of the sample bank and re-transmit to the Blofeld. Why? Because if I don't then the first sample DOESN'T PLAY!!! Actually, sometimes it does play, but then it isn't affected by the filters and controllers like the rest of the samples. Putting that sample at the end fixes the problem, but only after I've already loaded them. Then there's the issue where the progress window jumbles all of the words into a single line so you don't really know what's happening when transmitting the samples. Like I said. Turd. I really hope this helps some folks. Lawd knows I've spent enough hours troubleshooting and not writing. I hope this saves someone the trouble.

Moderatoren: Pablo